Looking for a free checking account that’s truly free? Introducing Directional Checking. A checking account that pays up to 2.00% APY*.
With a new Directional Checking Account from Compass Community Credit Union, the higher your balance, the higher your interest rate. The only requirements are that you have Direct Deposit, free online banking with e-Statements, and make a minimum of 10 Debit Card transactions a month.
Tier 1 All balances, no conditions met 0.01%
Tier 2 Balances $0 – $25,000 0.60%
Tier 3 Balances $25,000.01 – $75,000 1.00%
Tier 4 Balances $75,000.01 – $150,000 1.50%
Tier 5 Balances $150,000.01 + 2.00%
- Free ATM/Visa® debit card with access to over 30,000 surcharge-free ATMS through the CO-OP Network
- Free Mobile Banking that includes mobile check deposit
- Free Online Banking & Bill Pay with e-Statements
- Free in-branch notary service
- Overdraft Protection from your Savings Account or Overdraft Line of Credit
- Sign up for direct deposit and save yourself a trip to the branch (routing number is 321172219)
*APY – Annual Percentage Yield. Monthly direct deposit, enrollment in online banking with e-statements and 10 debit card transactions (ATM transactions not included) are required. If all requirements are met, you will earn the corresponding APY listed in the chart above based on your average daily checking account balance. There is a Grace Period for the month in which you open your account. The requirements will not be enforced until the following month. Dividends are compounded monthly based on your average daily balance and correspond to the entire average daily balance. After the first month, if you do not meet the requirements, you will earn the Tier 1 APY. Rates as of 09/01/2019 are subject to change at any time, without notice.
⇒ Ready to get started?
When mailing, include a $5 minimum deposit, along with a copy of a current government-issued picture ID for each signer. Mail to PO BOX 1268, Eureka, CA 95502. If you have any questions, one of our representatives will be happy to guide you. Call 707-443-8662.
Not a member yet?
When mailing, include a $10 minimum deposit – $5 for your FREE Checking account and $5 to open your Savings Account (required for membership). Be sure to include a copy of a current government-issued picture ID for each signer. Mail to PO BOX 1268, Eureka, CA 95502. If you have any questions, one of our representatives will be happy to guide you. Call 707-443-8662.
Visa Purchase Alerts for your Debit Card
Get text or email alerts for transactions so you can immediately identify potentially fraudulent activity. Just three easy steps to get started:
- Check to make sure your card is eligible.
- Register your mobile device and email to receive Visa Purchase Alerts.
- Choose the notification triggers that is best for you. You’ll get a text or email based on your selected criteria.