Looking for a free checking account that’s truly free? A community credit union like Compass CCU might be your best option. Unlike other financial institutions, we won’t make you jump through hoops just to enjoy our FREE Checking and all the features and benefits that go with it, including convenience, affordability, and security.
What’s more, you can get started with just a $5 minimum initial deposit.
- No minimum balance
- Zero requirements
- Free ATM/Visa® debit card
- Free Mobile Banking with check deposit
- Free Online Banking & Bill Pay with e-Statements
- ATM access to more than 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs through the CO-OP Network
- Free in-branch notary service
- Overdraft Protection from your Savings Account or Overdraft Line of Credit
- Sign up for direct deposit and save yourself a trip to the branch (routing number is 321172219)
Free Student Checking
This checking account is for students18 to 24 years old, there are no minimum requirements and it’s absolutely free.
Free Student Checking – Varsity Account
Perfect for students 13 to 18 when they start working part-time. There are no minimum requirements and it’s absolutely free. Enrollment requires a parent/legal guardian co-signer.
⇒ Ready to get started?
For current members, simply fill out the Account Agreement. You can type in your information online and print it out, or print out a blank form and fill it in manually. Note that you are not able to save the agreement online, so make sure you print the form after you complete it. You can then mail it in or stop by a branch and hand it to us personally.
Not a member yet? No problem, just complete the Membership Application. As with the Account Agreement, you are not able to save the application online, so make sure you print it out.
If you are a new member, there is a $10 minimum deposit required — $5 for your FREE Checking account and $5 to open your Savings Account (required for membership). Be sure to include a copy of a current government-issued picture ID for each signer. You can mail your deposit and ID with the form(s) or stop by a branch — one of our representatives will be happy to guide you.
Visa Purchase Alerts for your Debit Card
Get text or email alerts for transactions so you can immediately identify potentially fraudulent activity. Just three easy steps to get started:
- Check to make sure your card is eligible.
- Register your mobile device and email to receive Visa Purchase Alerts.
- Choose the notification triggers that match your needs. You’ll get text or email alerts based on your selected criteria.